Want to pull off an event that people will remember, but you can’t handle the details by yourself? It’s time to call in a professional event planner. Find profiles of event planners on Kudzu.com.
Professional planners can handle all types of functions from family reunions to business meetings and conferences.
Event planners take care of all the minutiae of holding a top-notch function — from finding a location, catering, and décor to negotiating contracts and evaluating proposals — so you can focus on the big picture.
A good planner should be able to do the following:
- Conduct research.
- Create an event design.
- Find a site. See these banquet facilities on Kudzu.com.
- Arrange for food, décor and entertainment. Find an entertainer on Kudzu.com.
- Plan transportation to and from the event. Browse these limo services.
- Send invitations to attendees.
- Arrange any necessary accommodations for attendees.
- Coordinate the activities of event personnel.
- Supervise at the site.
- Conduct evaluations of the event.
Consider this when deciding on a planner:
- Trust your own experience. Make a list of similar events you've attended that were managed impeccably, then ask the hosts if they used an event planner.
- Have pertinent information ready. When you talk to an event planner, you'll need to provide the key facts about your event, including the time and date, number of guests, budget, and the occasion or theme. The planner will ask you a host of other questions as well — be ready with as many answers as you can to help them get started.
- Be creative. The key to having a memorable event is standing out from the crowd. Allow yourself to think outside the box and encourage your event planner to do the same. The planner can help with the grand vision for the event and take care of all the details. When you're not worried about the details, you'll be freed up to help your planner with the big picture.
The most important item to remember in your search is to make sure you're comfortable. Your event planner needs to earn your trust. If the event's a failure, your guests won't blame the planner — they'll look at you. With the right planner on board, be ready for a fantastic event that you'll always remember.