Air filtration in your Atlanta-area home is very important to you and your family as well as your pocketbook. Without the proper unit, you may find yourself paying for costly repairs that could have been avoided. The proper system will also contribute to the health and well-being of you and your family.
Important information on air filtration
- Proper air filtration saves unnecessary wear and tear on your HVAC system, saving you costly repairs that could lead to the premature failure of your system.
- Depending on the filtration system, it removes allergens and toxins from the air in your home. This saves you possible doctor bills and provides you with a better night's rest.
Make sure you ask the contractor the following questions
- How often does the filter require replacement?
- Is the filter washable or disposable?
- What does the filter remove from the air?
- Can the filter be purchased locally by you as a homeowner?
- What is the typical lifespan of the particular unit?
- Can he/she provide you with the make and model of the top three systems recommended for your home? (Research these systems and see what other people are saying; you also want to find out if the filters are manufactured by other companies. You don't want to have to replace the entire unit if the manufacturer closes its doors.)
Consult Kudzu to find a reputable HVAC contractor to meet the air filtration needs of your system and family. Verify that the contractor is legally licensed in Georgia to perform the work. Also, request a copy of their liability insurance, and contact the insurance provider to confirm coverage.