Decorating your home for the holiday season is one of the most important decorating ventures of the year. With holiday parties and visits from family, your home needs to be at its best. And Christmas trees are at the center of it all.
There are many ways to decorate your home and tree, but having a theme to pull it all together will impress your guests and family. Choosing a theme that suits you and your home is important. Consider your home's natural style as well as your own when choosing a decorating theme for your home, or consult an Atlanta interior design professional for help.
If your family has a longstanding tradition for the tree, consider decorating your whole home to follow that theme. If not, consider the following themes for your home.
- White Christmas: Decorating in fluffy, feathery, white as snow garland and lights can bring a white Christmas to your home even in Atlanta. Adding silver and blue tones to highlight the white will make it pop even more.
- Traditional Christmas: Hand-crafted ornaments, homemade popcorn and cranberry garlands and a red and green theme can make any home glow with Christmas cheer.
- Golden Christmas: Highlights of sparkling gold and jewel-toned ornaments give a classy feel to your home and tree. Antique decor will go best with this regal theme.
- Plaid Christmas: Particularly if your home is already country chic, a plaid-themed Christmas decor can make your guests feel cozy. Tie plaid fabric bows around the branches of your tree and craft plaid garland for your fireplace. Twist plaid fabric between the rails of your banisters.
- Candy Cane Christmas: Decorate in red and white. Choose ornaments and garlands only in these colors and add candy canes to your tree and mantle to make your holiday sugary sweet.
- Celestial Christmas: Decorate your home and tree with moons and stars to bring the heavens to your Christmas. Hues of white, gold and silver suit this theme best.
- Vintage Christmas: Go bold with silver tinsel Christmas trees, circa the 1970s. Decorate the rest of your home in globe ornaments and silver garland for a vintage feel.
Whatever theme you choose this Christmas, make it your own by bringing in your special touch. But if you need help finding what's right for your Christmas wonderland, contact an Atlanta interior design professional for help.