Planning a beach vacation this summer? Shaving your legs, bikini line and underarms can really cramp your style when all you want to do is lounge on the beach and have fun in the water. Plus, shaving can cause irritating ingrown hairs and razor burn that can make your skin look unsightly. Luckily, you can have hair-free skin this summer by using an alternative method, such as laser hair removal or sugaring. But which one of these hair-removal techniques is best? Try considering the pros and cons before you put your skin to the test.
Laser hair removal
- Permanent hair removal: Laser treatments can prevent hair from regrowing for good.
- Minimal pain: Pain is minimal and sometimes nonexistent.
- Even skin tone: Lasers eliminate that dark follicle look because the root of the hair is gone.
- Quick fix: Treatment is fast and effortless.
- Minimal prep: You do not need to grow out your hair before getting a treatment.
- Multiple treatments needed: Many treatments are often needed to completely remove all of the hair in the desired location.
- Costly: Laser hair removal treatments can cost a lot of money; sometimes hundreds of dollars per session.
- Hair can regrow: Some follicles may regrow hair, requiring you to continue laser treatments.
- Cheap: Sugaring is fairly inexpensive.
- Convenient: You can sugar your legs from home or book an appointment at your local spa.
- Travel-friendly: No heat is required. If you use a DIY kit, you can take it with you even on-the-go.
- Lasts a long time : Skin stays hair-free for weeks.
- Painful: Sugaring can be painful, similar to waxing.
- Messy: Sugaring is sticky and can make a mess.
- Not permanent: Hair will regrow, so you need to continue sugaring to maintain your hair-free look.
- Some prep needed: Hair needs to be at least a quarter of an inch long before you sugar.
If you decide that laser hair removal is right for you, make an appointment with your Atlanta-area plastic surgeon or dermatologist . A professional can evaluate the areas where you want to remove your hair, and can give you a cost estimate and treatment plan. Before you know it, you will be able to relax on the beach, hair-free!