Every man needs a getaway in his own home. The relaxed, comfortable atmosphere of a man cave is usually embellished with electronics and techie gadgets. Get ready to remodel your personal space with all those high-tech holiday and birthday gifts you've collected throughout the year.
1. Big screen television: This is the centerpiece of any great men's den. Whether you go with a flat screen anchored to the wall, or a tabletop TV, you can't go wrong as long as the screen is big enough to see the details of Monday night football from across the room.
2. Surround sound system: Now, take your television to the next level by adding a surround sound system. If you want to feel like you're at the game, not simply watching it, this is a must-have. Place the speakers in the four corners of the room to flood the man cave with sound.
3. Gaming consoles: When football season dies down, it's time to get your game on. From Xbox 360 to PlayStation and the Wii, you've got options. Just make sure you're stocked with a variety of games: draft your own football team, be a soldier or go retro with an old school Super Mario Bros. game.
4. Oversized furniture: While indulging in the big screen television and surround sound, stay comfy. Recliners, puffy-cushioned couches and lots of pillows are mandatory for keeping the man cave relaxed and inviting. Toss in a few refinished coffee tables, and you're good to go!
5. Stadium seating: If your cave is smaller than you'd like, use your space wisely. Have an Atlanta-area contractor come in and build a platform along one wall to accommodate stadium style seating. Place a couch on the elevated area, and another in front of it to create two rows of seating instantly!
In just the last few years, the smart home movement has gotten smarter, fueled by a wave...