New car reviews: car/truck recalls for 2013
Car Reviews (Atlanta)
By Benjamin Burton Jr.
Nobody ever wants to deal with the hassle of a car recall. Not only is it an infringement on your time, it leaves you with open-ended questions that aren't always answered easily. Did my vehicle have a consensus of poor car reviews? What else might be unsafe on my car? Does this car manufacturer have a history of recalling vehicles? The truth is that most car manufacturer's have had some sort of vehicle recall.
According to safecar.gov, since the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act was passed in 1966, "More than 390 million cars, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles, motorcycles, and mopeds, as well as 46 million tires, 66 million pieces of motor vehicle equipment, [and] 42 million child safety seats have been recalled to correct safety defects." However, don't lose confidence in your car just be more aware of recalls.
There were a number of recalls for February and March many of which you can find below.
- BMW is recalling 2008???2012 model year I-series coupes and convertibles, as well as 2007???2011 model year 3-series coupes and convertibles. They have been recalled for a faulty positive battery connection cable. Owners may contact BMW at 1-800-525-7417 or by email at CustomerRelations@bmw.usa.
- Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC is recalling their 2009-2012 Camry and Camry Hybrid. After installing leather seats and headrest DVD players, many of these vehicles never had their passenger seat sensing system calibration tested. Ultimately, what this means is that the mechanism that detects the presence of a passenger may not be functional and in the case of an accident the passenger side airbag may not deploy. Southeast Toyota may be contacted at 1-800-301-6859.
- BMW is recalling 2008-2012 model year 3-series sedans in addition to their coupe recalls, also for bad battery connection cables. Owners can reach BMW by email or telephone at the above listed number or email address.
- Chrysler is recalling 2009-2012 model year RAM 1500 and Aspen trucks as well as 2007-2011 Dodge Dakota trucks. The rear axle pinion nut on these trucks is often loose and can cause problematic motion between the nut and the companion flange. Chrysler's recall number is 1-800-247-9753.
- Dodge is also recalling the 2008 Durango for this same reason.
- General Motors is recalling the 2010-2012 Chevrolet Colorado as well as the GMC Canyon. Both vehicles have missing secondary hood latches which prevent the hood from securely locking. You can reach Chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438; GMC at 1-866-996-9463.
- GM is also recalling the 2013 Chevrolet Avalanche and Express as well as the Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV and Escalade EXT. These vehicles have fractured park lock cables or malformed steering columns. Cadillac can be reached at 1-866-982-2339.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration or your Atlanta-area automotive dealer will have a more comprehensive list of car reviews and recall information.
Enjoy this article? Sign up for our free newsletters: