Find foundation repair pros on Kudzu.com. Then, narrow the list of foundation repair pros who could be right for the job by asking them the following questions:
- For underpinning jobs, ask the company which type of piers they install, and whether they install multiple types.
- Ask the salesperson whether he or she is on commission.
- Ask the companies how many piers they install each year.
- Ask a prospective foundation repair pro whether they can lift or just stabilize a foundation. Companies not able to lift a foundation might incorrectly tell homeowners that their foundation only needs to be stabilized.
- How long have you been in business? When was your business incorporated?
- How long has the person who will be on site at your home been in this job?
- Is your warranty transferable if the home in sold? Is there a cost to transfer the warranty?
- What unknowns could you run across during the foundation repair process, and how could that affect cost?
- If you're concerned about landscaping being damaged during a repair, ask whether the replacement of the landscaping is included the company's job proposal.