Interior shutters add flavor to your windows, block out light, promote privacy, and act as insulators for the window. The shutters are made of a variety of materials from wood to PVC, and act just as a metal or wooden blind would
Typical Costs for Interior Shutters
Low-End Estimate: $45 per set
High-End Estimate: $800 per set
Professional Installation Costs for Interior Shutters
Interior shutter installation costs are usually quoted on a flat rate without the need to inspect your project site. Cost ranges account for variations in contractor skill, geographic location, and seasonal contractor wage rates.
Low-End Estimate: $100 per window
High-End Estimate: $230 per window
Installing Non-Standard Interior Shutters
Complex installation shapes and layouts of interior shutters will increase the overall material and installation costs.
Low-End Estimate: $135 per window
High-End Estimate: $250 per window
Installing Soft Fabric / Hard Valances
Though not required for interior shutter installation, some companies will offer additional services for decor like soft fabric and/or hard valances. Fabric for any soft window-top treatments is often very expensive due to the customization involved for a specific window.
A variation on soft-fabric valances is the cornice top treatment. Cornices are assembled pieces of wood, metal, or foam, which are custom-shaped and then typically covered with fabric.
Low-End Estimate: $200 per window
High-End Estimate: $450 per window
What to Expect from Professionals
- Most companies can give you an accurate estimate over the phone based on the number of windows you have and the size of those windows.
- Once they arrive, the professionals will measure the windows again and prepare the interior shutters.
- The professionals will install the hanging strips, and then align the shutters in the window opening.
- The professionals will hang the shutters on the strips, and then install the catch magnet.
- If you choose to buy any additional window treatments, the professionals will finish the job by installing them.