Typical Bathtub Liner Costs
- Bathtub liners: The average cost range for a bathtub liner is $250-$1,300.
- Professional installation costs: The cost for installation of bathtub liners is typically included in the purchase price.
Low-End Estimate for a Bathtub LinerFor liner purchase and installation: About $250-$1,300.
High-End Estimate for a Bathtub LinerFor purchase, installation, and replacement of surrounding panels and tub/shower components: About $1,000-$4,000.
What to Expect
- Materials: Chemical solutions are used to bond the liner to the bathtub. Caulk and grout are typically required to finish the installation along with related tools for smoothing and placement.
- Timing: Bathtub liner installation typically takes an average of 8 to 10 hours.
- Mess: Since the liner covers an existing bathtub, there is limited mess involved.
- Many bathtub liners are made from ABS acrylic, the same material that is used to make football helmets.
- Standard-sized liners are available. However, the majority of vendors specialize in custom liners, which require detailed measuring along with manufacturing time for the actual liner.