How much does fire damage restoration cost?
Typical Cost of Fire Restoration:
- If it is necessary to contact a fire restoration company, it could cost you anywhere from $2,000 to $50,000 or more depending on the extent of the damage.
- Fire damage costs will naturally vary widely depending on the size of the fire, the value of property destroyed/damaged, and other factors. According to the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition, a fire could cost you more than $45,000 if you don't have sprinklers, whereas a home equipped with sprinklers could average less than $2,500 in damage.
Low-End Cost Estimate for Fire Restoration:High-end cost estimate for Fire Restoration:
What to Expect with Fire Restoration:
- If you have homeowner's or fire insurance, do not move or clean anything until the insurance investigator has had a chance to inspect and photograph the damage.
- If possible, provide ventilation for areas where water was used to combat the blaze, allowing those areas to begin drying out.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or other items yourself. At best you will not be able to clean them, and at worst you may cause further damage.
- Find recommended water & fire damage restoration pros near you.
- If water was used to extinguish the fire, mold growth or dry rot can occur rapidly if there are any wet or damp areas, presenting additional costs to remediate the mold and repair dry rot damage.
- Smoke and ash both present their own difficulties. The smell of smoke can penetrate your walls and floors, as well as numerous items in your home and it can be difficult to remove the smell. Ash and soot can adhere to various surfaces and cause additional damage due to the acids and other chemical byproducts present in burned materials.
A fire in your home can easily cause extensive damage that cannot be easily repaired due to smoke, soot and other contaminants. Water damage from the water used to extinguish the fire can also raise the cost of restoring your home after a fire. However, it may be possible for you to reduce the total cost if you act quickly once the fire has been put out.