How much does it cost to clean gutters?
If your gutters are overflowing, it's a good time to get them cleaned.
At least once a year, your gutters need to be cleared of leaves, sticks, and debris to make sure runoff isn't causing any major damage to your roof.
Typical Gutter Cleaning Costs
- Single-story home: A typical 1,500-square-foot home can cost $65-$225 to clean the gutters.
- Two-story home: A 2,500-square-foot home with about 200 linear feet of gutters will cost $100-$300 to clean.
- Hourly: The average cost of gutter cleaning is about $65 per hour.
Low-End Estimate for Gutter Cleaning
Single-story and smaller two-story homes: About $65
High-End Estimate for Gutter Cleaning
Larger two- or three-story homes: About $450
What to Expect with Gutter Cleaning
- Materials: Ladder, scooper, gloves, hose, sprayer, trash bag
- Timing: Typical gutter cleaning takes from about an hour to a few hours for larger jobs. The best times of the year to clean gutters are spring and fall.
- Mess: Sticks, leaves, and debris can be put in standard yard bags or even a plastic grocery bag. Dirt and gravel will wash out of the downspouts.
Any Extra Costs with Gutter Cleaning?
- Larger jobs can require a second worker, which could add $65-$200 to the cost of the cleaning.
- Severe clogging: If it's been a long time since your gutters have been cleaned and they're severely clogged, it adds more time to complete the job, which means higher costs.
- Damaged gutters: If damaged gutters are discovered while they're being cleaned, replacing them can cost $3-$5 per linear foot.
- Gutter guards: You can install gutter screens and covers to prevent future buildup of leaves and debris. They come in a wide variety of styles and sizes starting at about $1.50 per three-foot section (installation would cost extra).
Enjoy this article? Sign up for our free newsletters: