If you're experiencing problems with your sink or just want to upgrade the look of your bathroom, sink replacement can make a major difference in the appearance and functionality of your bathroom.
The costs and requirements for this type of project vary according to the type of sink and related components in the bathroom.
Typical Sink Installation Costs
- Faucet replacement: Standard faucet prices range from approximately $35 - $440. Expect to pay about $75 - $100 for a professional installer to put in a faucet.
- Sink installation: Standard bathroom sinks usually are made of acrylic, but high-end sinks can be made of glass and nickel. Some sinks can be standalone pedestal sinks with no vanity. Prices for bathroom sinks range from $40 - $755. Expect to pay about $85 - $115 for a professional installer to put in a sink.
- Find help from a local recommended plumber on Kudzu.
Low-End Estimate for Professional Sink Installation
For faucet, sink, and professional installation costs: About $235.
High-End Estimate for Professional Sink Installation
For faucet, sink, and professional installation costs: About $1,410.
What to Expect
- Materials: Wrench, bucket, utility knife, pry bar, handsaw, drill, plumbers' putty, plumbers' tape
- Timing: Depending upon the complexity of the sink structure, piping and other bathroom elements, sink installation can be a day-long project.
- Mess: There should be minimal mess involved in a sink installation project. The original sink and related components will need to be transported and disposed of properly.
- If pipe repair or replacement is required when the sink is installed, it is recommended that a professional handle the work.
- Many faucets and sinks come with warranties. It's important to keep track of the related documentation after a new sink is installed in case any defects or problems arise.
- For faucets, the type of finish that is used can influence the regularity of cleaning and maintenance that is needed. Nickel and pewter finishes are fairly low-maintenance. Brass and chrome fixtures require more frequent cleaning.