A new kitchen sink can revitalize the appearance and functionality of your kitchen. Installing a kitchen sink can be a fairly simple project.
Need help installing the sink? Find recommended plumbers and handyman services on Kudzu.
Typical Kitchen Sink Installation Costs
- Kitchen sink installation: The average cost for a kitchen sink installation ranges from $125 to $450.
- Single basin sinks: Single basin sinks typically cost from $250 to $400.
- Double basin sinks: The average cost for double basin sinks is $400-$600.
- Triple basin sinks: Triple basin sinks, which contain a smaller basin centered between two standard-sized basins, typically cost from $800 to $1,200.
- Faucets: The cost range for purchasing faucets is $25-$600.
Low-End Estimate for Kitchen Sink Installation
- For a basic, single basin stainless steel kitchen sink: About $40-$100.
- For designer or restaurant-style sinks: About $500-$2,500.
What to Expect
- Materials: Many new kitchen sink kits contain fittings that simply screw or glue together and do not require soldering. Tools required to install a kitchen sink include a wrench, a drill, a screwdriver, a cutting tool (such as a jigsaw blade), clamps, and plumber's putty.
- Timing: Installation for a kitchen sink will typically take from 4 to 6 hours.
- Mess: Unless there is extensive pipe replacement or plumbing work required, kitchen sink installation typically creates little mess.
- If there are any plumbing issues to be addressed when the kitchen sink is installed, it is best to hire a professional to manage the work.
- Accent options for kitchen sink installations include sprayers, pull out extensions, built in soap dishes, and garbage disposals. If any of these accents are included as part of the sink, installation may take longer.