How much does it cost to pressure wash a house?
Typical Pressure Washing Costs:
- You can buy a basic pressure washer for anywhere from $75 to $500, which may be cost-effective if you intend to use the pressure washer frequently. Otherwise, you may be better off simply renting one for a short period, which can run from $40-$75 per day.
- A professional power washing job can run from $200-$500 or more, depending on the size of your house and the amount of work needed to clean it properly. Pressure washing jobs are generally quoted per square foot of area to be cleaned.
Estimate for Do-It-Yourself Pressure Washing Cost:
- Doing it yourself could run from $75-$500 if you buy or rent a pressure washer.
Estimate for Professional Pressure Washing Cost:
- Hiring a professional could cost from $200-$500, depending on the size of your house. Pressure washing jobs are generally quoted by square feet of area to be cleaned.
Find recommended pressure washing services on Kudzu.
What to Expect when Pressure Washing:
- You will need to have an outside faucet in order for you or a professional to hook up a pressure washer.
- If you rent or buy a pressure washer, keep in mind that you may need to know how to operate the pressure washer properly in order to get the desired results and avoid damaging your home or possibly injuring yourself. There are different pressure washers available that are best suited for different tasks - be certain you know which washer to use. Certain materials like wood can be damaged by high water pressure.
- If you are pressure washing to eliminate mold, you may want to use a bleach-water solution in the washer to prevent mold from growing back.
- If you own an older home that may still have lead-based paint inside or outside, check with your local health department before doing any pressure washing.
Any Pressure Washing Extras?
- Windows, driveways, and other areas may not be included in the charge to pressure wash your house, but they can be added for an additional charge.
- If your house requires a ladder to reach the upper areas properly, this may increase the price to pressure wash your house.
Pressure washing your driveway, deck, or other exterior area of your home can be an effective way to clear away accumulated dirt and debris. A good pressure washing can return your home to a "looks like new" state quickly and is also beneficial if you plan to repaint or stain the area.