A group of National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) members agreed to the following timetable for a typical kitchen remodel (within a margin of error for unforeseen circumstances and custom work):
- 1-2 days to tear out existing fixtures, walls, floors, appliances and secure electric wiring and cap off plumbing
- 2-3 days for framing
- 2-5 days for rough in of electric, plumbing and heat (mechanicals)
- 3-4 days to add new plasterboard and tape it
- 1-2 days to install a new kitchen floor
- 2-6 days to install new cabinets
- 1-2 days for new fixtures and appliances
- 1 day for the plumber to install sink, dishwasher, etc.
- 2-3 days for lighting, wall coverings, painting, etc.
A kitchen remodel may take from 14-25 days, depending on the scope of the project.
If you are doing a custom job or ordering custom materials, the project may take longer. Need help? Find a pro here.
Source: National Association for the Remodeling Industry (NARI).