Before the project starts:
- Pack all your kitchen goods. This is essential. Ask your contractor how much of the room needs to be packed in order to start the project.
- Label each of the boxes with their exact contents. This will prevent a frantic search for any item needed during the job. Put aside essential items, such as:
- Coffee, coffee maker and filters
- Can opener
- Cutting board and knife
- Microwave with microwave cookbook
- Salt, pepper and assorted spices
- Paper plates
- Remember to maintain access to some refrigeration. This may require you to move your refrigerator to another room in the home or into the garage.
- Designate a sink for meal preparation and clean-up. A large laundry sink works well for this use.
National Association for the Remodeling Industry (NARI)