"The National Association of the Remodeling Industry is dedicated to being the best resource for knowledge and training in the remodeling industry. Together we can help construct the dreams in people's lives."
NARI members have access to the latest information in the industry through publications, educational programs, educational seminars, conferences, and an annual national convention featuring new products, materials and techniques.
The NARI professional remodeler is pledged to uphold the association's strict Code of Ethics and is dedicated to the professionalism and integrity of the remodeling industry.
Code of Ethics
Each member of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry pledges to observe high standards of honesty, integrity and responsibility in the conduct of business:
- By promoting only those products and services that are functionally and economically sound, and which are consistent with objective standards of health and safety.
- By making all advertising and sales promotional factually accurate with respects to product description, performance specifications and cost benefit analysis, and by avoiding the practices which tend to mislead or deceive the customer with respect to competitive pricing, savings claims, or the nature and significance of contracts, warranties, finance agreements, completion certificates, lien waivers, or liability and workers' compensation insurance.
- By writing all contracts and warranties such that they are fair and mutually beneficial to all parties concerned such that they are free of ambiguities or omissions which tend to obscure contractual obligations, and such that warranty terms and provisions are free of the capacity to mislead or deceive the customer as the quality or longevity of the product of service.
- By honoring all contractual obligations until and unless they are altered or dissolved by the mutual consent of all contractual parties concerned, and by fulfilling those obligations in a reasonably prompt manner that is fair to all parties concerned.
- By promptly acknowledging and acting on any customer complaints, and in situations where complaints appear unreasonable and persistent, by encouraging the customer to initiate an approved third-party dispute settlement mechanism.
- By refraining from any act intended to restrain trade of suppress competition, and to thereby promote the private enterprise system and its guaranty of equal rights for all .
- Visit the official NARI site at www.remodeltoday.com
- Call NARI National at 800-611-6274