Ready for company?
Life's messy. Learn how easy it is to keep your home looking better than you think it is.
Here's the top five secrets to keep your home company-ready.
- Keep dirt out.
- Put mats at all your doors.
- Take off shoes when you enter the house.
- Designate a mud room or space for the removal of sporting equipment or wiping of dog paws.
- Bust the clutter.
- Clutter attracts dust. Minimize knick-knacks.
- Use baskets or small bins to store magazines, mail or other items.
- Get it in shape once a season.
- Keep it spiffy in a jiffy.
Once your home is in good shape, keeping it looking company-ready only takes a few minutes a day.
- Make everyone in the house help.
- Set the oven clock for fifteen minutes.
- Put things away. Mop the kitchen floor. Quick-clean the bathrooms, make the beds, run a quick vacuum, twirl around with a duster, spray the kitchen counters and load the dishwasher.
- Add another five minutes and you've knocked out your 20-minutes of aerobic activity a day as well.
- Let go and live.
Life's messy. Live it. Love it. Learn to let go a bit. Want your house to be company ready? It probably looks better than you think. Who wouldn't want to walk in on life-in-action? Keep easy-to-serve food handy and just about everyone will overlook the rest.
Enjoy this article? Sign up for our free newsletters: