If you find you're too busy to keep your house clean (or if you just want to spruce it up for a party or social occasion), you may want to look into hiring a cleaning service. You can hire house cleaners for a one-time cleaning, or to come on a regular basis. Here's what you should expect to pay...
Typical Cost to Clean a House:
This varies depending on the size of your home and the cleaning tasks you would like performed, but some examples of average fees are:
- A 2-bedroom, 900 square foot apartment - $75-$200
- The size of a home affects cost, but expect a first-time cleaning to fall between $200-$300. If you sign up for regular, scheduled cleanings, the cost could drop to $100 to $200 per cleaning because it takes less time for the subsequent visits.
Low-End Cost Estimate for House Cleaning:
High-End Cost Estimate:
What to Expect from Basic House Cleaning Services:
- A basic house cleaning will generally include the kitchen, bathroom, and living room.
- Vacuuming, dusting, sinks/counters, floor sweeping, and mopping are generally included in the basic cleaning.
Any Extra House Cleaning Costs?
- Window/wall cleaning, oven/refrigerator cleaning, changing bedding, and dusting blinds are usually not included. These can often be added to your service for a small fee ranging from $5-$40.
- Additional rooms can be added to the cleaning schedule for a small additional fee (which can range from $10-$25 per extra room).
- You may need to provide supplies for the cleaners if they do not bring their own.
- There may be an additional charge if you need to have your house cleaned on a weekend or on short notice.