* Have you heard about Martha Stewart’s new line of kitchen cabinetry, countertops and hardware to be sold exclusively at Home Depot? Here’s Martha, at Big Orange. Now anyone can have Martha in their kitchen. (What’s with the dogs in the cart?!) (Photo from The Martha Blog.)
* We bought a “solar shower” specifically designed for use while camping (even though we don’t camp) just because, let’s face it, showering outside is just such a joy. When the urge hits, we heat up the water during the day, one of the kids climbs the tree, uses a modified pulley system up to hoist up the water bag, tosses it over a branch, and voila! Okay, it’s not as good as we hoped. So you can only imagine how much I covet these outdoors showers!
* Just checked out my backyard garden and the crops are toast with this cold. Swaddled up, however, in what’s called row covers (a special fabric that lets in light, water, and air) for the brief Atlanta winter, they’ll be all ready to perk up for an early spring. If you’re not overwintering a garden, these curling-up-by-the-fire weeks are a great opportunity to think about your spring one. You may want to hire a local handyman to help you build raised beds or ask your landscaper to help put in the bones of a garden for you, if you need some help. Here’s what Farmer D Organics builds our of sustainably-harvested 2″ cedar. Here’s a typical spring planting list.
* Does your garage look like the “before” or the “after”? And where exactly are they keeping the cars?!
* Some things are just better left unseen.
Kudzu’s got you covered with local service pros who can build, plant, renovate, organize, and reupholster for you!