HORRIBLE! WellStar Cobb OBGYN and Dr. Cook
I searched far and wide to find an African American OBGYN in my new neighborhood and was excited to find Dr. Cook. Unfortunately that excitement ran out very quickly.
(1) The office is poorly managed. I had to wait over an hour to see Dr. Cook after having to wait over a month and a half to get an appointment (which had been rescheduled from the orginal date).
(2) The office is overpacked and crowded. I wonder sometimes if they are offering free OBGYN services. Even the phone lines are consistently busy.
(3)The front desk has issues as well. After waiting for over a month for an appointment, I was called the day before to say that I had to reschedule the appoinment because Dr. Cook was on vacation, yes vacation! Which I have to assume was not planned the day before.
(4) The facilities are not clean! The waiting room was nasty, the bathroom was nasty (there were urine cups in the holder from the last 5 patients), and the step on the exam room table looked like something had "wasted" on it.
(5) The nurses are overworked, RUDE, and unattentive. Especially Novella (Dr. Cook's nurse).
(6) And one could say that this sounds like an issue with the facility and not Dr. Cook herself but be warn: just like the front desk and nurses, Dr. Cook is just as unattentive and apparantly overworked. I don't think she even read my chart. I had to remind her (agian!) what I had come there for.
I will NEVER go to this doctor or this office again under any circumstance!