Missed the Problem and the Hazard
When my dryer went out and the associated fuse in the fuse box was burnt and smoking, the manufacturer repairman came out and told me that the problem was not the dryer, but that it was strictly in my fuse box. That is when I called Flash Electric based on the positive reviews here. The electrician came out and told me that the problem was only a burnt fuse and that everything else was fine. He verified that there was power to the dryer by turning it on when the fuse was changed. According to his book, he would have to charge me $132 to change the fuse, so I elected to pay only the $50 trip fee and changed the fuse myself. When I went to dry my clothes, however, I found that while the dryer ran, there was no heat. I called the manufacturer again and they sent out an appliance repairman. This repairman found that Flash Electric had not verified the amount of electricity going to the dryer. There was only enough to run the dryer and not enough to supply heat. Also, with the loose connection that I had in my fuse box and the over-demand on the dryer with too little of a power supply, I also had a risk of damage to my dryer and a fire hazard - as evidenced by the smoking fuse when the dryer originally went out. For the $50 trip fee, Flash missed out on fixing both the power to my dryer and the fire hazard. On top of that, I was put off by the requested $132 to change a fuse that was $2.50 at the hardware store when I replaced it myself.