APICS The Association for Operations Management is the global leader and premier source of the body of knowledge in operations management, including production, inventory, supply chain, materials management, purchasing, and logistics. Since 1957, individuals and companies have relied on APICS for its superior training, internationally recognized certifications, comprehensive resources, and worldwide network of accomplished industry professionals.
The Toledo chapter was chartered in 1962.. and supports the associations aims by:
· Offering on-going classroom training in Toledo and surrounding areas
· Partnering with Jackson Community College to offer training in Southern Michigan
· Offering Professional Development meetings
· Organizing plant and facility tours for benchmarking
· Mentoring student chapters at Bowling Green State and University of Toledo
· Offering eight (8) $500 college scholarships per year to university students
· Supporting 3 certifications in the Operations Management field
The Toledo chapter has in excess of 340 members and is operated by local professional volunteers as a non-profit organization.
APICS Chapter Benchmarking and Review Process (CBAR)
With this program each chapter is required to perform an annual self evaluation to ensure it meets minimum performance standards set by APICS. Chapters achieving better than minimum standards can receive Bronze, Silver or Gold awards.
For its performance in 2006 - 2007
the Toledo chapter received the Gold award.
For its performance in 2005 - 2006
the Toledo chapter received the Silver award.
[GIF] APICS Toledo