American Private Duty, Inc.
13111 Ventura Blvd., Suite 100
Studio City, CA 91604
Phone: 818-377-6201~Fax: 818-377-6207
LVN Job Description for American Private Duty, Inc.
At APDI we provide sub-acute nursing care in the form of 8 hour daily shifts for our patients' in need of in home care. Our cases are primarily pediatric but we do provide care for adults as well as geriatric cases. A lot of our cases involve Trach, G-tube, NG-tube, J-tube, and Ventilator care. We do.. provide training for our nurses that require or what to become certified in Trach and Ventilator care.
Below I have listed the American Private Duty job description that all of our LVN's are required to provide for our patients.
A Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is a professional member of the health care team whose primary responsibility is providing direct nursing care under the supervision of a physician and registered nurse in accordance with the Nursing Supervisor/Case Manager.
1. Must possess valid current license under the state board of nursing.
2. Must be of mature and responsible nature.
3. Must possess general knowledge of the disease process and medication action.
4. Must possess knowledge of necessary actions in emergency situations.
5. Must be able to effectively communicate with the client, their significant others and the Nursing Supervisor.
6. Must be in good physical and mental health.
7. Must complete this agency?s employment process in full.
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Provide direct nursing care of sub-acute, chronically ill and convalescent clients.
2. Administer medications and therapeutic treatments according to the prescribed regimen.
3. Monitor client?s condition including effectiveness of treatments and medications.
4. Notify supervisor of changes in client?s condition.
5. Teach the client appropriate self-care techniques.
6. Document accurately and submit timely nursing notes according to agency standards.
7. Work in cooperation with the facility administrator and personnel.
8. Participate in continuing education programs.
Performance is deemed competent when the LVN:
1. Demonstrates the ability to provide nursing care within the parameters of the State Nurse Practice Act and the policies and procedures of this agency.
2. Demonstrates the ability to implement the client?s care plan.
3. Demonstrates the ability to accurately monitor the client?s condition.
4. Demonstrates effective communication skills.
5. Demonstrates the ability to document pertinent information and submit records in accordance with agency?s policy.