They came out to do an estimate on my roof. After one week I called and told them they were the lowest bid, and that I wanted them to do the job. The estimator told me that he would put my job on the calendar and it would be completed within (2) weeks. Two weeks came and went, so did a month, then 2 months. I called, I stopped by, I called some more but kept getting excuses, i.e. - the weather [windy], we lost your estimate, the man who does those types of roofs is on vacation, etc., etc. Finally, I went to Bill Douglass and told him that I was going to voice my frustration to the owner - Charles Kruse. At that point, Bill decided to cancel my job and Chucky backed him up no matter how many times I called him at home and complained.
Posted: 3/31/2007 • Last edited: 5/21/2009 • Link to this review
Thank you for alerting us to your apparent experience. Unfortunately, after researching the matter thoroughly we have not found any records of a potential project that matches your claim. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had in reporting this to us and welcome you to contact us with accurate, up-to-date information regarding what project your claim may have been for.
After looking into your review we have found the following:
- You were given various excuses as to why we could *not* do your job, including "lost your estimate" and that the appropriate employee who would work on your roof was "on vacation".
- You called repeatedly and even stopped in the office.
- You were told your job was cancelled by our former General Manager, Mr. Bill Douglass, two months after you signed an agreement with an estimator.
- Based on your comments, it may be understood that you discussed this matter with Mr. Kruse on more than one occasion.
- You called Mr. Kruse repeatedly at home and complained of your frustrations.
- You alerted us to this complaint by slam-posting our website feedback submission page with the review and links to the review.
- Your submission to us was via an IP derived out of the east coast.
- Your submission contained gratuitous insults, cussing, and threatening comments.
- Your submission contained no address, name, or accurate phone number for contact.
- Your registered login on Kudzu.com shows no other reviews other than the one here dated March 31, 2007.
- We keep multiple copies of all proposals and contracts, both paper and digital.
- Our employees are consistently present, dedicated, and skilled in their fields. We have no records of any going on vacation or with such extended absences as to warrant such a status. There is no reason for us to state such.
- We show no records of an excessive number of calls from any single individual or about any single project. Such complaint calls are consistently recorded and/or tracked for reference purposes.
- We have had no such project cancellations this year.
- Personal information and contact information of all employees are kept private and confidential. No home phone numbers are given out under any circumstances and such calls would instead be considered harassment.
- We are a west coast company, focusing our services in the State of Nevada. We do not do work on the east coast and have no solely east coast clients.
Based on all this, we must once again state that we have no records of any project that your claim may be pertaining to. Should you feel that this matter is such that you wish to pursue, we welcome you to contact us for further discussion. Thank you for your time.