A healthy you is a confident you, and what better way to get in shape than a fitness boot camp? If you have a desire to lose weight and get fit, or if you're just looking for a change of routine from your current workout, then sign up for one of these challenging classes.
What exactly is a boot camp?
Boot camps are intense by design, combining a mixture of cardiovascular and strength training exercises. They use what is called interval training, which is a series of workouts that alternate between high and low intensity exercises with short periods of rest in between. Interval training produces results quickly and effectively, making these classes an attractive option for many fitness enthusiasts.
Benefits of boot camp
- Prevents heart disease: According to the Mayo Clinic, exercising can significantly reduce your risk of getting cardiovascular disease. Even just 30 minutes a day will improve your health. With classes lasting one hour, they are a great way for you to stay heart healthy.
- Build strength: The incorporation of weights and resistance exercises into a class will tighten and tone your muscles, giving you the body you've always desired.
- Build confidence: Have you ever seen someone in great shape moping around or feeling sorry for themselves? Chances are you haven't. It's well known that people in good health exude confidence, and that's because (like any other form of accomplishment) you will gain confidence as you reach your personal goals through your workouts.
- Meet new people: By attending a fitness boot camp, you will get the chance to meet a variety of people from all walks of life as you learn to help each other reach your fitness goals.
- A change of routine: Instructors and organizers often change the workout routines of their classes. This will keep you engaged and focused, preventing the classes from becoming boring or mundane.
- Affordability: Boot camps cost less than a personal trainer because they are conducted in groups of 10 to 20 people, allowing the organizers to extend lower rates to customers. The average cost for a class in Atlanta is about $120 to $150 per month.
Boot camp is a fun and exciting way to lose weight and get into shape. To ensure its right for you, check with your Atlanta area doctor.