If the appliance is still under warranty, contact the store where you purchased it. They may provide repair services themselves, or may be able to direct you to qualified professionals. And of course you can find recommended appliance repair pros on Kudzu.com. Once youve identified potential companies, youll need to know what questions to ask to ensure a smooth repair process.
Questions to Ask
- Does the company have experience working on the specific appliance and brand you need repaired? Many companies claim to be able to fix anything, but make sure that the person coming to your home has done this before. This can save you time and money; more experienced repair people will be able to diagnose the problem and make the repair quicker than someone who is still learning.
- Is the company factory authorized by the manufacturer to service their product? Factory authorized technicians will have to attend regular training sessions to keep their authorized status and will be knowledgeable about a companys products. You can verify factory authorized status by checking the manufacturers website or calling the manufacturer directly.
- Does the repair service offer a guarantee on parts and labor? If not, keep looking.
- Does the company have liability insurance?
- Do they charge by the hour or by the job?
- How soon can a technician come to your home to provide an estimate and repair?
- Are technicians licensed? Licensing status can be verified with the state licensing board.
- Is the company a member of the Better Business Bureau? Call your local office to verify or make sure that they are in good standing.
- Many repair service companies charge a service call fee to come to your home and inspect the appliance, but some will waive the fee if you decide to hire them for the job.
- You should receive a written contract or agreement. This document should include an estimate for labor, parts, and other charges associated with repairing your appliances, insurance status, and guarantee for work performed and parts.