Now that it is winter is in full sway, it is a good idea to have your heating system serviced. Preventative maintenance is imperative for your HVAC system so you have the comfort of a warm home when you need it most. You wouldn't neglect changing the oil in your car. Maintenance for your heating system is just as important. Forgetting to service your heating system could result in a system failure. Here is a maintenance checklist for indoor heating units:
• Inspect and clean blower assembly
• Check combustion blower for lint and debris
• Inspect for gas leaks
• Inspect ignition controls
• Inspect heating elements
• Clean or replace air filters
• Listen for unusual noises
• Monitor for correct refrigerant charge
• Inspect flue system
• Inspect vent system for proper operation
• Measure temperature rise and flow and adjust as needed
For most of us, this list can be a little confusing and intimidating. If you are unfamiliar with some or all of these tasks, don't worry. These are all things a professional heating and cooling expert can help you with.
Although this isn't a complete list, your heating service experts here at Ace & A Heating and Air Conditioning of Gwinnett Inc. in Lawrenceville know just what to check for. Whether your old system just needs servicing and cleaning or if you need an entirely new heating system for your home, we can help.