First Baptist Church of Seymour was begun in 1893 with 33 charter members from four area churches. In 1897, seventy-seven members moved into the first church building located on the property now owned by Harrison-Chilhowee Academy (King Academy). Missionary work started in 1894 that grew into the Woman Missionary Society by 1904. Mission emphasis continues to be an important part of Seymour FBC.
Be the first to write a review! Write a Review »