My husband and I visited for the first time this past weekend and less than 12 hours later we were hooked up to IVs in the ER and had been diagnosed with food poisoning. We had a pleasant experience while at the restaurant, but afterwards was a nightmare. We determined we fell ill from my husband's order -- ceasar salad & chicken alfredo. I called and spoke with Giovanni himself to let him know of the food poisoning and he was extremely defensive and kept yelling "Absolutely not" into the phone. I was not trying to get a free meal (b/c we will never dine here again) or any reimbursement...only to notify him that we were sick. I was extremely disappointed in his reaction. Never once did he offer any apology or concern. I know food poisoning could happen at any restaurant at any time, but they were short-staffed on Sunday and serving a large group ahead of us so I feel they did not do their due dilligence in preparing our meal -- hence the illness. Long story short, if you need to lose 5 lbs. or so and don't mind knocking on death's door to get there, please eat at Giovanni's.
Posted: 12/17/2009 • Link to this review