Hancock Baptist Church

0 star rating0 Reviews

(413) 662-2242 Call

Write a Review

124 North Main StreetLanesborough, MA 01237

Description

. The town was settled in 1767, and the church was organized in 1772 with a membership of 15. At that time, the town was called the Plantation of Jericho. Then in 1776 it was named after John Hancock, the statesman and signer of the declaration of Independence. Originally it was a log cabin meeting place, then after the revolutionary war, a framed building was erected in town. Then in 1797. After some time te building was disassembled and transferred to the center of town as a town hall and.. church. Then in 1850, the new pastor from Pittsfield built a new structure on its present real estate. The current d cor is original from the 1899 upgrade. The chandelier in the center of the church was designed to be lowered to fill with kerosene and lit for services, until 1965 it was wired for electricity, as we currently have today.

VIEW MORE »VIEW LESS »

Business details

Hours of Operation

  • MON
  • TUE
  • WED
  • THU
  • FRI
  • SAT
  • SUN
  • 8:45am
  • 10:30am

Year Established

2015

Reviews

Be the first to write a review! Write a Review »