Having a roofer in Atlanta replace your roof can be a great way to ensure that you get the result that you want. No matter how experienced the roofer is that you hire, there are some things you can do to help things along. Here are the top 5 things you should do to prepare your roof for replacement.
- Take everything off the wall. When there are people up on your roof hammering away, there is a chance that things are going to fall off the walls in your home. If you have valuable things on the walls that you don’t want damaged, make sure to take them down beforehand.
- Cover up valuables in the attic. There is a chance that a roof replacement is going to result in dust falling and settling on your things. Cover up things in the top level and attic areas of your home to keep dust away.
- Have a power source available. Make sure that the workers have a power source available to plug in tools or charge tools and equipment. The best location for this is either in the garage or on the outside of the house somewhere.
- Give the workers drop-off space. Your job will go smoother and quicker as well if you give the roofing contractor and their employees space to drop off their equipment. Plan to park on the street or on one side of the driveway so that the contractor can easily get their equipment in and out of the driveway.
- Be prepared for any weather conditions. Finally, make sure that you are prepared for any weather conditions. Even if the weather report says that everything should be sunny and clear, and even if the roofer expects clear weather conditions, nothing is ever 100% guaranteed. Be patient and considerate even if the weather doesn’t go your way.
Work with a roofer in Marietta that can help you know how to be best prepared for an outstanding roof job.
Posted on: 5/26/2016